Thursday, December 1, 2011

Moving on!!!

Well yesterday I spent the day cleaning bird poop off the cabin top, deck and a lot of the teak side rails.  I being an animal lover, am getting really sick of the Boobies birds here, they sit up on our spreaders and taunting the dog and then crap all over.  So it took about 2 hours to scrub and clean the deck and still did not get it all off, what the heck.  While I was busy doing that Jerry, still trying to rest his back, was working on our little watt generator, since our main one is not working.  He got it running for a little while, but then it stopped, so one more time to clean our the fuel lines and he will try again.  We enjoyed a nice evening on the boat with Joan and Tim from SV Kona, then had a good nights sleep to get ready to leave on Thursday for our next anchorage Campos.

This morning in preparation for leaving, I was getting ready to put the last of the water jugs into the tanks, when I noticed that a boobie bird was up on the spreader.  I went to go try to get him to fly away, with no luck I gave up and went to finish filling the tanks.  I guess I pissed him off, the SHIT on my head, yes I said it that stupid bird pooped on me.  Now Joan has told me that it is supposed to be good luck, so we will see, but at the time it did not feel so lucky.  Now after taking a long shower, finished putting in the water, tying down the rest of the stuff on deck, getting the bottom of the boat cleaned we are ready to leave.  We have on stop to make on shore to go see our friend Sergio who has been a great help and friend to us while in Zihuat, then we will lift the hook around 4 pm to head our 75 miles north. 

1 comment:

Darcy said...

Great update and wishing you a safe journey to PV. And glad to see you are eating well! Lasagna looks fab! Good sailing to you all.